Saturday, June 04, 2005

Poem of the Day

Towards the end of the season by R.Vijayaraghavan Ramakumar

Towards the close of sharada
wool clouds filled the blue sky.
Passing, they threw upon this mortal
an interpretation of nebulous dreams.

You pick up the bamboo
someone has discarded
make holes, pour deep breath in.
The soul has waited for it,
to pickup songs that wandered across
the open skies.

But, where does the music live
go or grow, I am the bamboo

Sit under a Bho tree in mahamudra
a white horse gallops through the vast emptiness.
Following it may be a camel, a mule or my own limbs
that carry the accumulation till the journey ends.
Endlessly journeying, life lives on caravans.

In the end the tune of breath blown
calls me, into the hollow space.
I stand witnessing, eyes moist,
the haze of irritating dust
between us has screened up
as an impregnable fortress, though a wall of cloud
You said:
“I am the sound of thunder, the cloud yet to melt
I am the ecstasy of union beyond the words and symbols
you are enslaved”.
You said, “learn the essence”

When my horse died, my camel died
and no longer could I walk
my journey asked me to stop.
I obeyed

I am the aim of music from my own breath
singing through the bamboo within.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that poem I reaf on muse once again

excellent

Anonymous said...

One more [peom of vijayaraghavan is about Iraq.

He wishes evryone say it to anyone

The eyes

A fear of someone
Under the shadow
Of an evaporating planet
Witnesses it sublimate,
Staring in utter disbelief

The shadow of pleasure
Combats the austere mind

The pleasure cries bitterly
On the trail of loss
It leaps out stealthily
From the vertex
Over the other world
And loses its shadow

The eyes
Stare at the shadow
With the agony of witnessing
The loss of doll

***

Bereft murderers
Have defiled the balance
Order is enshrined
The judges sit in their case

***

The shadow has now escaped
It chases
It chases the light of a star in the space
It fails and laments like a grieving mirror
In front of an ugly soul

A hound of enamoured eunuchs waits
At the banks of the Euphrates
To kill meek and helpless
With loads of arsenal

A pair of eyes pus filled
Stretched and dreadful
Watch the earth evaporate.