Friday, August 26, 2005

Commenting On Changes


Some of you, that is those few who comment with regularity on this modest blog, will notice that the commenting procedure has changed. I am now requiring that you do the 'what letters are these, can you read this you bozo' test before being permitted to comment.

I apologize for this. It is my personal philosophy to make commenting and contributing to TheDaily Blatt as open as possible. But we were hit with a fair amount of comment spam over the past few days. And I don't have the time nor the inclination to fish the smelly stuff out of the transom and toss it overboard. So, rather than make all of you register as Blogger members or do away entirely with anonomous comments, I chose this route as the lesser evil. If you disagree, tell me so. I would consider the other option if asked.


As for you spammer asshats,
my personal message to you is in the graphic above.

(Many thanks to the divine and splendiferous Agitprop for the lovely graphic.)

No comments: