Sunday, August 28, 2005

Glasgow - World Pipe Band Championships

The principal competion venue on Glasgow Green.
Unfortunately, my travel schedule didn't allow me to stay for the Championships on Saturday.



An impressivly chapeaued band enters the arena during a preliminary competition


This band woke me one morning by practicing in the part of Kelvingrove Park adjacent to my B+B. A great way to start the morning, watching them prepare for the competition. A most pleasant alarm clock, I must say.


The audience is often seemingly right amongst the pipers, at least we were at this venue for the Preliminaries held on the Glasgow Green.


Returning champions from a previous year (2003) take the field.


A band forms in a tuning circle during a practice session in Kelvingrove.

No comments: